Quick Chimichangas
1 med onion
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 cups (8ox) 4 cheese MEX BLEND shredded cheese, divided
1 (16 oz) Can refried beans
1 (16 oz) can black beans drained
1(4.5oz) can chopped green chilies drained
½ cup picante sauce or salsa (I sometimes do a full cup)
12 (8in) tortillas
Extras: Salsa, sour cream, lettuce, guacamole
Cook first 3 ingredients in large skillet over med high heat. 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Stirring into crumbles- drain
Stir in 1 ½ cups cheese, both beans, chilies, and salsa into beef mixture.
Place ¼ cup of beef mixture in center of each tortilla. Fold opposite sides of tortillas over filling, tucking sides in forming rectangles. Can secure with toothpicks.
Place on baking sheet; coat chimichangas with cooking spray.
Bake 425 for 8 minutes; turn chimichangas over spray again and bake 5 more minutes until crispy. Serve immediately with remaining cheese and desired toppings.
Christina note: I love this for a quick yummy meal, we usually have leftovers for Ry to take for lunch the next day. I usually save some beans and cheese out for the girls and roll them some smaller ones, since they do not like onions etc. This is also great for groups. If you are in a big hurry skip the toasting step, everything is already cooked. Enjoy!
I love this dish. I definitely recommend it! I'm glad Christina made it for us so we could see how good it is. Maritza Larson
ReplyDelete